Friday, January 2, 2009

Bringing in 2009!

This New Year's Eve was a little different...a little more low key. We spent the evening at the Jackson's playing games and eating ourselves sick! :o) We did have delicious food including cheese fondue and a chocolate fondue to die for with you name it to dip in it! It was a fun night. Last NYE Kyle said he'd go all year without drinking pop for $100...I knew he "could" do it...I honestly didn't think he "would" do it! He did though and I am so proud of him for following through and for his integrity. There were a few times when his friends would say, "Your mom won't know", etc. Kyle told them, "No, she probably wouldn't, but I would." I am a very proud mama! :o)

Congrates Kyle! Way to go!!

Kyle couldn't wait to chug his first pop in a year!!

NYE dinner and games with the Jackson's!

5 comments:

The Super Mom said...

Wow that is great. I will have to tell my 11 year old about him : )
You have a special young man there mom....you must be very proud!!

Chapmans23 said...

That is awesome for him to make a goal like that, but sucks you had to pay up. It looks like fun. happy new year!

Jen said...

Way to go Kyle! Happy New Year!

Shane and Ana said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. Now I know where my kids came up with the "no soda for $100." I have to give him props--I don't think I could ever do it.

The Bateman Crew said...

Way to go Kyle!!!!:)
It looks like you guys had lots of fun:) Happy New Year:)